Reading is something I truly enjoy. It is currently a busy season in my life, but I can say I actively try to make time in my day to read a book. It is an important discipline and extremely beneficial.
Unfortunately, I have this habit of jumping from book to book before I actually finish them. If you scanned my bookshelves you would see bookmarks or some sort of folded paper hanging out the pages, or if you looked at my Kindle you would see percentages.
I need to do better. I need to finish books!
So I have decided to intentionally plan my book reading with the main goal if finishing books! I also plan to post a review of each.
The Book Reading Plan
With that being said, here are the books I plan to read (in this order) by the end of this year, 2016. Any book not read will carry into next year:
- God Took Me By The Hand: A Story Of God’s Unusual Providence by Jerry Bridges
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to tell your story in a noisy social world by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Pleasing People: How not to be an approval junkie by Lou Priolo
- Your Days Are Numbered: A closer look at how we spend our time & the eternity before us by John Perritt
- Get Off Your “But”: How to End Self-Sabotage and Stand Up for Yourself by Sean Stephenson
- Do More Better: A Practical Guide to Productivity by Tim Challies
- No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green by Melody Green
- Strengthfinders 2.0 by Tom Rath
- The Complete Husband: A Practical Guide To Biblical Husbandry by Lou Priolo
- Dedication and Leadership by Daniel Hyde
- Carry on, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse
As we all know, reading is an important component in our growth, whether it be physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, etc. I agree wholeheartedly with Truman’s famous quote, “Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.”
Maybe creating a list like this will motivate you to read more. Maybe there are some books on this list that peak your interest? If so, let me know about it.
What other books would you recommend or add to this list? Have you created a lineup? I would love to hear below in the comments!